HealthPathways Trans, Gender Diverse and Non-Binary Health Webinar Series- 2023: Session 2
Session 2: Child and adolescent Trans, gender diverse and non-binary health
Following the recent launch of the ground breaking Transgender Health and Gender Diversity HealthPathway, WA Primary Health Alliance’s HealthPathways WA in collaboration with the Child and Adolescent Health Service, East Metropolitan Health Service and TransFolk of WA are pleased to present a three part webinar series on trans, gender diverse and non-binary (TGDNB) health. These sessions can be attended individually or as a series.
The session is open to GPs, GP registrars, hospital-based medical practitioners, public health physicians, public health registrars and medical students (University of Western Australia 3rd year, University of Notre Dame 3rd and 4th years and Curtin University 4th and 5th years).
This second session will include:
- A discussion on the role of the GP, how to assess and manage TGDNB children and adolescents, how to support families, common co-existing conditions, local referral pathways and medicolegal requirements.
- An overview of the Transgender Health and Gender Diversity HealthPathway.
- A GP perspective and clinical case studies.
- Brooke Bennett, TransFolk of WA
- Dr Matilda Jane Oke, GP, View Street Medical
- Dr Uma Ganti, Paediatric Endocrinologist, Child and Adolescent Health Service Gender Diversity Service
- Dr Julia K. Moore, MBBS (Hons), FRANZCP, Cert Child Adolescent Psychiatry Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist, Child and Adolescent Health Service Gender Diversity Service
- Dr Jennifer Beale, Paediatric and Adolescent Gynaecologist, Perth Children’s Hospital
- Dr Irene Dolan, GP Clinical Editor, HealthPathways WA
Other sessions in the series:
- Session 1: Tuesday 7 March 2023, 6-8pm
Trans, gender diverse and non-binary health is everyone’s business
- Session 3: Tuesday 4 April 2023 6-8pm
Adult Trans, gender diverse and non-binary health
06:00 PM - 08:00 PM
Health Pathways WA