We recognise that general practice is the cornerstone of primary healthcare as general practice teams are uniquely placed to establish the patient care pathway, from building therapeutic relationships to coordinating care received within and beyond the practice.
We seek to engage and collaborate with general practice to develop and implement quality plans, services and activities that are relevant and meaningful.
Our general practice engagement goals are to:
- define and maintain quality in all areas of service delivery and planning while delivering economies of scale
- involve clinicians at all levels in the procurement process, including upskilling new clinicians to encourage participation
- provide and evaluate quality and reliable data and make recommendations which will benefit the patient and community
- apply quality improvement principles to evaluate outcomes
- communicate effectively and consistently with the general practice community
- promote and embed collaboration as a robust, productive and worthwhile activity.
Information about our practice support activities is available below.