WA HIV s100 Prescriber Course Session 1 of 2
The HIV s100 Community Prescriber Course is designed to support clinicians in managing and treating HIV, providing them with the opportunity to establish relationships with local specialist services for ongoing mentoring and referral.
Successful completion and assessment of online and face to face training will allow general practitioners and nurse practitioners to become accredited prescribers of s100 highly specialised drugs for the treatment of people living with HIV.
Session 1 – Saturday 17 February
Session 2 – Sunday 18 February
9:00am – 5:00pm (AWST)
- Registration time: 8:30am
Aloft Hotels Perth – 27 Rowe Avenue, The Springs, Rivervale WA 6103
Attendance at all sessions is required to receive accreditation.
Please click here to download the flyer.
Following the course participants will be able to:
- Describe the principles of initiation of antiretroviral therapy.
- Evaluate the complexity of factors influencing patients’ treatment decisions.
- Develop a clinical management plan for a patient on therapy, incorporating strategies for health promotion and harm minimisation.
- Describe the contributing factors to the development of treatment toxicities and antiretroviral resistance.
- Identify appropriate referral pathways for complex HIV issues including salvage therapy, women considering pregnancy and IRIS.
General Practitioners and Nurse Practitioners residing in WA.
Professional Development Bursary
For rural and remote workers that want to complement their training with a HIV s100 Prescriber accreditation, WA health has limited funds available to help people attend sexual health and/or blood-borne virus-related workforce education and training. This is only offered to those living in WA.
This activity has been approved by the RACGP QI&CPD program as CPD Accredited Activity. RACGP Activity ID: 402344
- 13 Hours of Education Activity (EA)
- 6.5 hours of Reviewing Performance (RP)
This course and associated activities are accredited with ACRRM for 8 educational activity PDP units and 4 Performance review PDP units in the 2023 – 2025 triennium. ACCRM Activity ID: 31923
This course is endorsed by ACNP, and a certificate of attendance will be provided.
This activity is funded by WA Health.
Registration cancellations and amendments must be notified in writing to ASHM. Cancellations received before?9 February 2024 will not incur a cancellation fee. Cancellations received in writing after 9 February 2024?will incur a $70 per day cancellation fee. This fee may be waived in exceptional circumstances at the discretion of ASHM.
As an alternative to cancellation, your registration may be transferred to another person without incurring any penalty. ASHM must be advised of the transfer in writing. Please email the name, position, phone, and email address of the new delegate to email@example.com.
Please contact ASHM Education, click here to send an email. Or call 0431 320 429 for further assistance.