EMHS GP Update - Tackling Aging and Life-Limiting Illness: Helping our Patients make the most of life
Presented by East Metropolitan Health Service, which includes Armadale Kalamunda Group, Royal Perth Bentley Group and St John of God Midland Public Private Hospital and in collaboration with the WA Primary Health Alliance; HealthPathways WA.
GPs are on the frontline assessing and managing the health care of older adults. This workshop will focus on common conditions seen by GPs including how best to deliver the care patients need and want, and avoiding unnecessary admissions to hospital. We’ll also be looking at referral updates and exploring better ways of working together across the hospital, community and primary care sectors.
Program topics include:
- Better bones: Optimising Osteoporosis management
- Better breathing: How can we halt the progression of COPD?
- Better beating: What’s new to help manage Chronic Heart Failure?
- Using HealthPathways to navigate aged care and advance care planning
- Working with your local Aged Care Services to help your patients stay at home
- Delirium, Dementia and Can I drive, Doc? case studies
- Are you confused by confusion?
- What are “Goals of Patient Care?”
- Encouraging end-of-life conversations to help plan future care (Workshop)
- Questioning capacity? When and where to refer
- Dr Anton Leonard, Intensive Care Physician, Royal Perth Hospital
- Dr Amanda Boudville, HoD, Geriatric Medicine, St John of God Midland
- Dr Derek Eng, Palliative Care Physician, Royal Perth Hospital
- Dr Joel Tate, Geriatrician, Armadale Kalamunda Group
- Dr Kalil Anvardeen, Cardiologist, St John of God Midland
- Dr Karen Rothacker, Endocrinologist, Royal Perth Bentley Group
- Dr Karthik Natarajan, Emergency Physician, Royal Perth Hospital & Armadale Health Service
- Dr PK Loh, Geriatrician, Bentley Health Service
- Dr Rasiah Sureshkumar, HoD General Medicine, Armadale Kalamunda Group
Date: Saturday 31 August 2019
Time: 8:00am – 3:30pm
Venue: Royal Perth Hospital, old Victoria Square Café, Cnr Murray and Victoria Square, Perth
Accreditation: 40 Cat 1 RACGP points and ACRRM accreditation is underway.
More information and registration form for this event.