Spirometry Training Course in the Wheatbelt - Northam
Presenters: Sharon Lagan, Chief Respiratory Scientist, Royal Perth Bentley Group; Bill Smith
This interactive workshop by the National Asthma Council Australia provides comprehensive training in the application, measurement and interpretation of expiratory spirometry in general practice. Includes hands on components to allow participants to apply their new knowledge in a practical setting
• Increase knowledge and awareness of the role of spirometry in primary care
• Develop practical skills to recognise and perform high quality spirometry
• Understand interpretation and clinical implications of spirometry results, including differential diagnosis
• Increase knowledge and awareness of the importance of spirometer quality assurance and its implementation
• Learn strategies to incorporate spirometry testing systematically into routine clinical practice
• Increase confidence in performing, understanding and implementing spirometry
The event is part of the Asthma Best Practice for Health Professionals program. There are limited places available for this course so register early.
Final registrations by 9 August 2019.
Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP): Allocated 40 Category 1 points in the QI&CPD Program for the 2017–2019 triennium, Activity Number: 95776.
Accreditation: APNA – Completion of this educational activity entitles eligible participants to claim up to 6 CPD hoursAustralia Collage of Rural and Remote Medicine (ACRRM): Accredited by ACRRM as an educational event for 30 PRDP points. Activity code: 7813
For further information please contact Dianne Cox at WA Primary Health Alliance on 0448 335 746
WA Primary Health Alliance