Sexual Health Fundamentals for Nurses and Midwives
This two-part online workshop?will provide nurses and midwives with the introductory skills to incorporate STI and BBV screening within their workplace.
Nurses and midwives can draw on invaluable communication skills and are well placed to identify priority populations for screening. Through a case study, presentations, interactive quizzes and online learning module, this two-part online workshop?will provide nurses and midwives with the introductory skills to incorporate STI and BBV screening within their workplace.
This course is facilitated by:
- Cherie Bennett, Medical Educator, ASHM; Clinical Nurse Specialist (Sexual Health).
- Donna Tilley, Nurse Practitioner, Western Sydney Sexual Health Centre.
- Describe the clinical presentation of common STIs and BBVs?.
- Identify the priority populations for STI and BBV screening?.
- Explain the importance of testing and screening for STIs and BBVs
- Demonstrate confidence in offering STI and BBV screening to patients?.
- Discuss the process for contact tracing and Identify resources to assist.
Nurses and midwives.
This activity has been endorsed by APNA according to approved quality standards criteria. It has been allocated 3 CPD hours.
Australian College of Midwives CPD Recognised Activity. It has been allocated 3 CPD hours.
This activity is also endorsed by ASHHNA.
This activity received funding from the Australian Government Department of Health.
For more information
Click here to download the course flyer.