Hepatitis C in Primary Care and Drug and Alcohol Settings Education Program
This course is designed to strengthen the capacity of clinical staff working in drug and alcohol settings or working with people who inject drugs to effectively test for, treat and manage HCV.
The course will be delivered in three parts:
- Online learning modules
- Interactive face-face workshop
- Resources and toolkits to enable confident prescribing of new Direct Acting Antiviral (DAA) medications for HCV
- Describe the risk factors for HCV infection enabling effective screening and prevention education
- Demonstrate competence conducting and interpreting tests to diagnose HCV
- Recognise risk factors, clinical signs, symptoms and complications of liver disease
- Demonstrate understanding of DAA therapy for the treatment of HCV and competence in selecting appropriate therapy
- Describe recommended on-treating monitoring and post-treatment follow up protocols
Date: Saturday 31 August 2019
Venue: TBC, Rockingham WA
Time: 8:45am – 4:30pm (Registration from 8:30am)
Cost: This course is free. Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
Accreditation: ASHM is an authorised provider of Accredited Activities