GP Education Webinar: Cancer Immunotherapy Update for General Practice
In the recent years, the rapidly advancing field of cancer immunotherapy has produced new methods of treatment. Immune-based cancer treatments are used for many cancers and other diseases using a range of treatment methods.
GPs are well placed for the management of side effects from immunotherapy treatments and can assist patients with issues relating to access and support.
This free education webinar will provide an update on cancer immunotherapy and management of patients in general practice that are undergoing treatment.
Dr Lydia Warburton
Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital
PhD Candidate – University of Western Australia
This education activity will be accredited as part of the RACGP QI&CPD Program. Activity number: 136211
At the end of this session, participants should be able to*:
- Discuss immunotherapy’s use in treatment of common cancers
- Describe the types of immunotherapy treatments available
- Identify the side effects of immunotherapy treatment
- Outline the management of side effects of immunotherapy in general practice
- Outline issues related to accessing immunotherapy
*Please note these learning outcomes may be subject to change
For more information, contact GP@cancerwa.asn.au
For more Cancer Council GP education sessions, visit cancerwa.asn.au/professionals/gp/
Cancer Council WA