Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital GP Education Event: Chronic Disease & Shared Care
Presented by North Metropolitan Health Service and Sir Charles Gairdner and Osborne Park Health Care Group in partnership with WA Primary Health Alliance and HealthPathways WA.
This event will focus on some areas of healthcare where a collaborative, shared approach between Hospital clinicians and GPs will improve patient outcomes.
Education sessions include:
• Adolescent mental health care in the community
• Assessing and managing a patient with suicidal intent in primary care
• Drugs and kidney disease: facts and fallacies
• Chronic pain: the nuts and bolts of changing patients from opioids to alternative treatments
• Transitions of care: goals of patient care & navigating the health system from the adolescent’s
• Opioid prescribing in discharge medication & deprescribing antipsychotics in patients admitted with
View the full day’s agenda here
Who should attend: GPs
Details: Saturday 17 August 2019, 8am – 3:30pm
Location: Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital, Est & West Joske Rooms, Hospital Ave, Nedlands 6009
Registrations are essential, please RSVP by Friday 9 August 2019.
This activity has applied for 40 Category 1 QI&CPD points through RACGP and 30 PRDP points through ACRRM