Driving Best Practice
in a Post-COVID World
When: Wednesday 5 May 2021, 6:00 – 7:00pm WA time
Where: Live and recorded, free Zoom webinar
- A/Prof Erin Michos (international keynote speaker, preventative cardiologist – John Hopkins)
- Prof Garry Jennings (Chief Medical Advisor – HeartFoundation)
- A/Prof Ralph Audehm (experienced GP – University of Melbourne)
- Siobhan Cheeseman (experienced practice nurse)
Last year we saw patients postpone or forgo a wide variety of services, ranging from emergency treatment of acute conditions, to routine check-ups, like Heart Health Checks. Primary care clinicians face a backlog of patients in need of preventative and chronic disease related cardiovascular care. Even during a period of competing priorities, the prevention and management of cardiovascular disease has never been so critical.
Chaired by Prof Garry Jennings, Chief Medical Advisor of the Heart Foundation of Australia, our expert panel will explore the latest evidence to support CVD risk assessment and management in primary care, including the latest on coronary artery calcium scoring.
Topics to be discussed:
- How has the COVID-19 pandemic impacted cardiovascular health?
- What novel strategies are emerging in clinical practice that complement the absolute CVD risk approach?
- What factors help re-classify an individual’s CVD risk (e.g. coronary artery calcium imaging and female specific risk factors)
- What can general practices do to champion CVD prevention and opportunistically leverage increased patient engagement during the vaccine rollout?