ABC of CBT: Skills for GPs - Geraldton
Psychological presentations are increasingly common in general practice. For many people, psychological care delivered by their regular general practitioner is both an acceptable and accessible starting point to seeking help for their emotional health.
Our ABC of CBT provides GPs with a broad range of psychological skills readily applied in a general practice setting. Successful completion of the program also fulfills the criteria for FPS Skills Training accreditation allowing GPs to access Medicare item numbers for the delivery of focused psychological strategies.
This program is delivered via the following modalities:
• 2 x 6 hour workshops (2 weeks apart)
• 8-hours of self directed learning between workshop days 1 and 2
• 1 x 2 hour coaching session (online) two weeks after day 2
NOTE: Eligible GPs can be reimbursed $600 from the GPMHSC once they complete the requirements for FPS ST and register as GP providers of FPS with Services Australia (Medicare). Please see here for more details.
• 40 Accredited Activity CPD points (RACGP)
• 12 Educational Activity PRPD (ACRRM)
• Focused Psychological Strategies Skills Training (GPMHSC)
• 1 MOPS point