- This event has passed.
Osborne Park Hospital GP Education Event – Protecting Brains and Bones: What a GP Needs to Know
November 10 @ 8:00 am - 3:30 pm
Presented by Osborne Park Hospital in partnership with WA Primary Health Alliance and HealthPathways WA
This education session will focus of early assessment and management of Parkinson’s Disease, Dementia, TIA and Stroke and Osteoporosis in primary care. The program will involve interactive quizzes and promote active participation.
• Early diagnosis and management of Parkinson’s with videos case studies and quizzes by Dr Barry Vieira Head of Department of Rehabilitation and Aged Care at OPH
• Early Diagnosis, differential diagnosis and management of Dementia by Dr Brendan Foo
• Acute stoke and TIA, early diagnosis and management by Dr Kien Chan
• Navigating the diagnosis and management of osteoporosis by Professor Charles Inderjeeth.
• Summary of Geriatric Residential Outreach service by Dr Charmaine Chua
1. Describe the assessment and, differential diagnosis and advanced treatment options for a patient with Parkinson’s disease.
2. Demonstrate improved understanding of the diagnosis and differential diagnosis of early dementia.
3. Discuss the early diagnosis of CVA/TIA and the ideal care pathways.
4. Demonstrate improved knowledge of assessment and treatment of osteoporosis.
5. Discuss the benefits of HealthPathways guidelines for assessing, managing and referring patients.
Morning tea and lunch will be provided.
Free parking is available at entrance 1, carpark 3
RSVP by Friday 2 November 2018.
Registrations are essential. Register here.
Download the event invitation for more information.