The science of obesity and weight stigma
Following the recent launch of WA Primary Health Alliance’s SHAPE (Supporting Holistic And Person centred weight Education) website and Conversations About Weight online training, WA Primary Health Alliance, in partnership with local healthcare professionals and lived experience voices, is pleased to present a six part masterclass webinar series on supporting patients with weight concerns to improve their health and wellbeing.
These sessions are open to all healthcare professionals, including GPs, practice nurses, allied health practitioners, and hospital based medical practitioners.
The first session will provide attendees with an understanding of:
- Weight bias and weight stigma, including:
– The impact of weight stigma in the healthcare setting
– Patient experiences of weight stigma, including lived experience perspectives
– How to practice using an approach free from weight stigma
- The interplay of the multiple, complex factors contributing to weight and overall health.
- Dr Blake Lawrence, Researcher and Lecturer
- Anne Finch, Public Health Nutritionist and Accredited Practising Dietitian
- Jeni Maynard, Lived experience
Presented by local WA healthcare professionals, and lived experience voices, the masterclasses aim to provide a deeper dive into each topic and will provide opportunity for interaction, Q&A, and practical application examples.
Other sessions in this series:
- Healthy Weight Masterclass Session 2: June 14 2023
The role of general practice in supporting people with weight concerns
06:00 PM - 07:30 PM