HealthPathways Trans, Gender Diverse and Non-Binary Health Webinar Series- 2023: Session 1
Session 1: Trans, gender diverse and non-binary health is everyone’s business
Following the recent launch of the ground breaking Transgender Health and Gender Diversity HealthPathway, WA Primary Health Alliance’s HealthPathways WA in collaboration with the Child and Adolescent Health Service, East Metropolitan Health Service and TransFolk of WA are pleased to present a three part webinar series on trans, gender diverse and non-binary (TGDNB) health.
The session is open to GPs, all of practice (including practice nurses, Aboriginal health workers, Aboriginal health practitioners and practice managers), hospital-based medical practitioners, public health physicians, public health registrars and medical students (University of Western Australia 3rd year, University of Notre Dame 3rd and 4th years and Curtin University 4th and 5th years).
This first session will provide attendees with:
- A general introduction to trans, gender diverse and non-binary (TGDNB) health. This includes an overview of gender diversity including:
- Definition of terms and language
- An overview of TGDNB health
- Information on creating welcoming clinical environments.
- An overview of the Transgender Health and Gender Diversity HealthPathway.
- Lena van Hale, Manager, Magenta
- Dr Penny Wood, GP, Alexander Heights Family Practice
- Hunter Gurevich, Chair, TransFolk of WA
- Dr Irene Dolan, GP Clinical Editor, HealthPathways WA
Other sessions in the series:
- Session 2: Tuesday 21 March 2023, 6-8pm
Child and adolescent Trans, gender diverse and non-binary health
- Session 3: Tuesday 4 April 2023 6-8pm
Adult Trans, gender diverse and non-binary health