Managing Pain: A Team Approach
This interactive accredited activity provides opportunities for
collaboration and an understanding of a variety of professional
perspectives on pain assessment and management.
Participants invited to this event include GPs, practice nurses,
occupational therapists, physiotherapists, addiction counsellors,
psychologists, pharmacists and neurological nurses.
- Create a communication strategy that promotes patient
- Describe chronic pain and management principles to
engage the patient in active self-management.
- Construct a comprehensive chronic pain management plan
which includes allied health and multidisciplinary care.
- Evaluate the role and limitations of opioids in chronic pain
and understand how to taper opioids.
- Use course materials and specialist information to identify
effective referral pathways and options to ensure continuity
of patient care.
To register, email: firstname.lastname@example.org