East Metropolitan Health Service GP Update Workshop - Mental Health
Presented by East Metropolitan Health Service (Royal Perth Group, Armadale Kalamunda Group and St John of God Midland Public Hospital) in partnership with WA Primary Health Alliance and HealthPathways WA.
GPs are on the frontline assessing and managing patients with mental health conditions. This workshop will focus on common mental health conditions seen by GPs, management and referral updates, and explore better ways of working together across the hospital, community and primary care sectors.
Program topics include:
- What can we do to improve the physical health of patients with mental health conditions?
- Addictions – What works when dealing with alcohol and methamphetamine users?
- Suicide – What can we prevent and how?
- How can we best approach treatment of people with Personality Disorders?
- How can HealthPathways help GPs navigate the Mental Health System?
- How can we collaborate to better integrate care for mental health patients? (Facilitated Workshop)
- Describe the GP’s role in helping patients with mental health issues manage their physical health.
- Summarise alcohol and methamphetamine addiction treatment options and family support services.
- Discuss the GP’s role in suicide prevention strategies, and when to refer to specialist services.
- Outline the assessment and management of patients with personality disorders.
- Contribute to and outline options for GPs, EMHS Mental Health Services and WAPHA, including HealthPathways, to collaborate to provide more integrated care for people with mental health conditions.
Registrations are essential. Please note priority will be given to GPs who practice in the East Metro catchment area.
For queries, please email: EMHSGPed@health.wa.gov.au
This activity has 8 Category 2 QI&CPD points through RACGP and 4 PDP points has been applied for through ACRRM.
WA Primary Health Alliance and East Metropolitan Health Service
197 Wellington Street Perth 6000