Breaking the Silence – Talking to patients about weight loss
The aim of this workshop is to increase practitioner confidence and skills to raise the topic of weight with patients and follow Australian best practice guidelines to support patients in weight
management. The workshop will detail evidence-based information on how to effectively engage in the weight loss conversation as part of routine care. A range of practical information, support and resources will be provided to aid the conversation with patients around achieving a healthy weight, including intervening early to reduce the risk of chronic disease.
- Describe the 5As, an international evidence-based brief intervention framework, and confidently be able to deliver brief weight management intervention
- Review procedures to improve patient safety by checking in with every patient their risk of chronic disease due to being overweight/obese
- Explain the behaviour change process, and how people succeed in achieving a health body weight
- Explain the important role you play, and your duty of care with respect to weight management
- Identify current services, as well as the latest resources to help support conversations with clients around achieving a healthy weight
*Please note these learning outcomes are subject to change
Sessions are from 9.00am to 4.15pm. Register for Friday 23 August or Saturday 24 August.
Cost is $50
Registrations are essential