Our community engagement framework is a comprehensive and well considered process for the participation of local communities in policy development, planning and service delivery.
We recognise that engagement is an ongoing process and adopt the principles of the engagement cycle, a representational model that highlights who needs to what to engage patients, consumers, the community and stakeholder at each stage of the commissioning cycle.
The key engagements of our commissioning cycle are;
- Engaging communities to identify health needs and aspirations
- Engaging the community in decision about priorities and strategies
- Engaging patients and consumers in service design and improvement
- Patient-centred procurement and contracting
- Patient-centred monitoring and performance management
The consumer is embedded throughout community engagement and is represented in all structures of engagement.