WA Primary Health Alliance (WAPHA) has redeveloped our Mental Health Framework. On this page you will find links to the Framework brochure and a series of resources including factsheets, webinars and audio content related to the Framework. These materials have been developed to describe where WAPHA fits in the broader mental health system, how WAPHA works with key partners and WAPHA’s strategic priorities for mental health. The materials also outline the scope of WAPHA’s mental health activities and provide context to our mental health approaches and initiatives.
Our Mental Health Framework brochure describes our approaches to Stepped Care, the Alliance Against Depression and mental health commissioning, including Mental Health Precincts.
WAPHA has developed factsheets for download that explain how WAPHA’s initiatives fit within the Western Australian mental health system and provide information on WAPHA’s mental health scope and approaches.
- WAPHA and the mental health system
- Primary care in the mental health system
- Who accesses mental health support?
- How is the mental health system funded?
- How does WAPHA commission mental health services?
- What is WAPHA’s mental health scope?
- What is a stepped care approach?
- Target groups
- Overview of existing initiatives
- Initial assessment and referral
- Holistic approaches to physical and mental health care
- What do we mean by integration?
- WAPHA and the mental health workforce
- The connection between alcohol and other drugs and mental health
- Aboriginal specific approaches
- The principles that underpin how WAPHA’s plans its mental health services
- About WAPHA’s mental health programs – information for GPs and allied health professionals
- Culturally sensitive mental health care
- What is recovery oriented service delivery?
- Infant and perinatal mental health
- LGBTIQ+ mental health
- Older adult mental health
- Child and youth mental health
We have also provided information from our Mental Health factsheets in audio format. Files range between three to 10 minutes in duration.
- Primary Care, Primary Health Networks, WA Primary Health Alliance and mental health in Western Australia
- What is Stepped Care?
- Holistic approaches to physical and mental health
- The scope of WAPHA’s mental health initiatives
- LGBTIQ+ mental health
- Recovery oriented service delivery
- Supporting general practice
- What is integration?
- Commissioning mental health services
A series of webinar presentations have been developed for specific stakeholder groups, which outline our Mental Health Framework. Presentations are approximately 30 minutes in duration.