Practice Assist is a joint initiative of WA Primary Health Alliance (WAPHA) and Rural Health West to provide a seamless, integrated general practice support service to all general practices across Western Australia.
Both organisations have a focus on enhancing the quality and building capacity of primary health care providers by supporting general practice providers, principals, managers and administrators to develop viable and sustainable businesses.
Throughout 2017, we’ve been working to combine our resources to develop a comprehensive and state-wide general practice support service. This united service, Practice Assist, will provide a single point of contact for all general practice staff across Western Australia.
Practice Assist encompasses all aspects of general practice support and provides the following services free-of-charge to all general practices in Western Australia:
- A toll-free help desk – 1800 2 ASSIST (1800 2 277 478) – which can provide a quick response to most common queries;
- Practice support visits from the existing placed-based Primary Health Liaisons (PHLs);
- A dedicated website containing resource material, such as fact sheets and templates; and
- Educational webinars, networking events and regional workshops.
Visit Practice Assist or telephone free call 1800 2 ASSIST (1800 2 277 478) for more information on:
- Business Management
- Digital Health, including Telehealth and My Health Record
- General Practice Accreditation
- Government initiatives and incentives, such as Immunisation and Cancer Screening
- Human Resources and People Management
- Medicare Benefits Schedule
- Nursing in General Practice
- Practice Incentives Program