Information and Resources for Commissioned Service Providers
Public Health Information
- WA Government Pandemic Plan
The updated WA Government Pandemic Plan outlines the WA Government’s whole of government plan for protecting the community and minimising the impact of a pandemic on Western Australia.
- WA COVID 19 Clinics
Provides information on the opening hours and locations of WA’s existing COVID-19 clinics.
- WA COVID-19 Daily Snapshot
Provides information on the latest COVID-19 statistics for WA. This includes the number of tests, number of confirmed cases and number of deaths.
Trusted Information Sources
- Information from the Federal Government on COVID-19
Regularly updated information from the Australian Federal Government on the evolving COVID-19 pandemic.
- Information from the WA Government on COVID-19
Regularly updated information from the WA State Government on the evolving COVID-19 pandemic.
- Information from the World Health Organisation on COVID-19
Regularly updated information from the World Health Organisation on the evolving COVID-19 pandemic.
- MindSpot Guide to Telehealth
A fact sheet designed to support mental health professionals to learn to safely and effectively use telephone and video technology to deliver mental health services.
Remote working resources
- Remote working: setting yourself and your teams up for success
Video tutorials on how to set yourself and your teams up to work successfully work remotely.
- Remote workers fact sheet
Fact sheet which includes a checklist on how to manage remote teams successfully and what employees can do themselves.
Clinical Information and Resources
- Isolation guidance
Guidance on self isolation and its importance in managing the spread of COVID-19.
- Returning to your community
Guidance on returning to your community after self quarantining.
- Caring for people with COVID-19: Supporting healthcare professionals with continually updated, evidence based clinical guidelines
Regularly updated information for Australia’s healthcare professionals who are caring for those with COVID-19.
- Managing your mental health online during COVID-19
Fact sheet outlining various Australian, government-funded online, telephone and app-based mental health services.
- Australian Primary Health Care Nurses Association – COVID-19 Online Learning
Course developed for nurses interested in learning more about providing telehealth consults during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Australian Physiotherapy Association – Telehealth guidelines response to COVID-19
Guidelines by the Australian Physiotherapy Association on using telehealth during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- A practical guide to video mental health consultation
Guide for practitioners on using video to connect with clients.
- Exploring Head to Health: Australia’s digital mental health gateway
Presentation which highlights some of the key features of Head to Health and provides tips on how to use it.
- Diabetes WA Helpline
The Diabetes WA Helpline is a telephone service manned by credentialled diabetes educators, who are experts in helping manage diabetes.
- Realising the True Value of Integrated Care: Beyond COVID-19
The International Foundation for Integrated Care aims to create a more connected health and care system. This document focuses on the future of health and care and the journey to achieve beyond this global pandemic.
- Information on how to login and access HealthPathways
HealthPathways WA is a web based portal with specific pathways. Each pathway supports clinicians with assessment, management and local referral information.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Information on the use of surgical masks
Information on the use of surgical masks during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Hand rub and wash poster
Post from the World Health Organisation with information on how to appropriately and effectively wash your hands to avoid the spread of COVID-19.
Looking after your mental health
- Life in Mind – COVID-19 mental health support
A comprehensive list of resources developed by those in the suicide prevention and mental health sectors to support community during this time.
- BeyondBlue – Looking after your mental health during the COVID-19 outbreak
Coronavirus mental wellbeing support service that is regularly updated with information, advice and strategies to help you manage your wellbeing and mental health during this time.
- 10 tips for coping with infectious diseases
Fact sheet describing practical psychological skills to help community cope with anxiety and worry about infectious diseases.
- Head to Health
Provides links to trusted Australian online and phone supports, resources and treatment options.
Service that supports Western Australians as it aims to prevent suicide, support people in crisis and create equal opportunities for emotional wellbeing.
Provides services including expert assessment and treatment of those who have symptoms of anxiety, depression, or substance use problems, effective telephone and online treatments, referrals to face-to-face treatment.
- COVID-19 Mental Health and Wellbeing Messaging Communication Guidelines
Using existing resources, NMHC have put together some guiding principles that may be helpful in framing relevant communications with your stakeholders, as well as considerations when discussing the potential mental health impacts of COVID-19.
- ICLA Launch of eFriend Briefing pack
eFriend is a free virtual, planned peer support service for any Australian aged 18 and over, who is experiencing lonliness, anxiety, trauma or mental health issues and needs someone to listen.
- Understanding the People Impact of COVID-19
The impact of COVID-19 is affecting how organizations address immediate as well as strategic people issues. These checklists are designed to start the thinking processes as well as check that “all the bases are being covered.”
Practical information and printable resources
- Patient Alert
Poster with information to patients experiencing symptoms of COVID-19.
- Teaching children about COVID-19
Educational resource for children to teach them about COVID-19.
- COVID-19 infection control training
Training resources provided by the Australian Federal Government.
- Shelter WA advice on COVID-19
Information and links for the social and affordable housing and homelessness sector in Western Australia relating to COVID-19.
- NACCHO COVID-19 updates and information
Information on COVID-19 from the National Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation.
- Recordings in Aboriginal languages
Audio files with health messages for COVID-19 in Aboriginal languages.
- KAMS COVID-19 resources
Information on COVID-19 from the Kimberley Aboriginal Medical Services, designed specifically for the Kimberley Aboriginal population.
- KAMS information for staff
Information on COVID-19 from the Kimberley Aboriginal Medical Services designed for the Kimberley workforce.
- KAMS COVID-19 information poster (
Poster designed by the Kimberley Aboriginal Medical Services with information on preventing the spread of COVID-19.
- KAMS protect yourself, your family and your community poster
Posted designed by the Kimberley Aboriginal Medical Services with information on protecting those around you from COVID-19.
- Strong Spirit Strong Mind COVID-19 health alert
Information on COVID-19 from Strong Spirit Strong Mind designed for Aboriginal Australians.
- ABC Coronacast podcast
Podcast that helps to answer questions about COVID-19. The hosts break down the latest news and research to help you understand how the world is living through this pandemic.
- See Your GP Campaign available in eight languages
- Stay Safe Stay Home messages available in 18 languages
- Australian Government Department of Health translated resources
- Ethnolink COVID-19 Multilingual Resource Library
Library of multilingual resources to allow Australians access to information in their preferred language about the COVID-19 pandemic.
Infection Control and Pandemic Management Guidelines
- Infection prevention control standards
Information on infection prevention control standards for general practices and other office-based and community-based practices.
- Managing pandemic influenza in general practice
A guide for prevention, preparation, response and recovery of panedemic influenza in general practice.
- How to wash your hands poster
Poster with information on how to appropriately and effectively wash your hands to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Protect yourself and others poster
Poster with basic information on how to stop the spread of COVID-19.
Contingency Planning Resources
- Post COVID Response: Return to Workplace Considerations
A planning document to support your operational teams prepare for a broader workforce return to the office.
- Fair Work Ombudsman: Coronavirus and Australian workplace laws
Information on Australian workplace laws and entitlements and how they related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Australian HR Institute
Information to HR professionals to help plan and support their organisations through the COVID-19 health emergency.
- Workforce Strategies for Post-COVID Recovery
Deloitte has released a COVID-19 Workforce Strategies for Post-COVID Recovery. This provides the context for how a typical crisis plays out over three timeframes: Respond, Recover, and Thrive.
Your organisation needs to develop a plan, based on the kind of services you deliver and the way you interact with service users, other agencies and the public.
Here are some examples generously shared by Ruah and Anglicare WA:
- Anglicare COVID-19 Response Plan
An example of a COVID-19 response plan from Anglicare WA.
- RUAH Infection Control Protocol
An example of minimising the spread of COVID-19 within an organisation from RUAH.
- RUAH Business Continuity Plan
An exmaple of a business continuity plan from RUAH.
- RACF Guidelines
An example of a set of guidelines for the prevention, control and public health management of COVID-19 from RACF
- AHCWA COVID-19 Response Plan Toolkit
An example of a response toolkit from AHCWA.
Please let us know if you have a resource you are willing to share by emailing email@example.com.
- Commissioned Service Provider COVID-19 Checklist
This checklist assists service providers in assessing whether they have undertaken the appropriate processes and protocols in relation to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Additional help and assistance:
Confidential, 24/7 online and telephone assistance is available for your patients on the following:
- Coronavirus Health Information Line – 1800 020 080
- healthdirect – 1800 022 222 or healthdirect.gov.au/coronavirus