WA Primary Health Alliance has developed a position statement that recognises and addresses the health and mental health needs of LGBTI (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex) people. This position statement is available here.
Australia’s LGBTI people experience significantly worse mental and physical health outcomes when compared with the wider community. Evidence illustrates that the social exclusion, discrimination, stigma and marginalisation experienced increases the risk of adverse impact on health and mental health and creates barriers to accessing health and social care services.
There are a range of resources below designed to assist and support your capacity to work with LGBTI people, families and communities:
- Understanding the Differences: Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Intersex People
- LGBTI Elders and Ageing
- Developing an LGBTI Inclusive Practice LGBTI Intimate Partner and Family ViolencePolicy in Ageing and Aged Care
- Choosing an Ageing and Aged Care Service that is Inclusive
- LGBTI Alcohol and other Drugs
- LGBTI Intimate Partner and Family Violence
- LGBTI Young People
- LGBTI Families
- LGBTI Data Integrity