Launched in October 2017, Practice Assist is a joint initiative of Rural Health West and WAPHA.
Delivered from a single point of contact for all general practice staff in Western Australia, Practice Assist allows a seamless and customer focused service to benefit the greater patient community be enabling providers to deliver high quality primary health care services.
This service encompasses all aspects of general practice support including access via:
- a toll-free help desk 1800 2 ASSIST (1800 2 277 478);
- email support firstname.lastname@example.org;
- practice support visits from Primary Health Liasions (PHLs);
- a dedicated website containing resource material such as fact sheets and templates;
- fortnightly electronic newsletter with industry news and updates;
- workshops and webinar; and
- practice manager networking events in your area.
By collaboratively delivering general practice support, sharing resources and streamlining practice requests for support, plus the face-to-face support of existing place-based PHLs, the Practice Assist team can deliver problem solving and improved business support to general practice teams.
Contact Practice Assist for all your enquiries such as:
- general practice accreditation including template policies and procedures;
- interpreting the Medicare Benefits Schedule;
- template position descriptions for all your practice staff;
- implementing digital health initiatives including data collection and the My Health Record;
- improving your patient immunisation rates;
- Plan Do Study Act cycles of quality improvement; and
- much more.
Under the banner of Practice Assist, Rural Health West and WAPHA are collaboratively delivering a ‘one-stop-shop’ for general practice support in WA.