This page will provide ongoing updates for disability services providers on immunisation rollout, as it becomes available.
- WA Primary Health Alliance (WAPHA) operates WA’s three Primary Health Networks – Perth North, Perth South and Country WA.
- PHNs across Australia are assisting in the coordination, planning and delivery of the COVID-19 vaccine rollout.
- WAPHA will be assisting the Australian Government in the COVID-19 vaccine rollout for people in disability care facilities.
If any providers have queries regarding the rollout for disability services/consumers and carers please contact the national coronavirus and COVID-19 vaccine helpline 1800 020 080.
- The COVID-19 vaccine will be free for all. The vaccine is voluntary but strongly encouraged.
- The rollout will begin with Phase 1, which has been divided further into Phase 1a and Phase 1b.
- Phase 1a includes people with disability living in residential accommodation (with two or more people with disability) and paid workers providing support to people living in residential accommodation with two or more people with disability.
- Phase 1b includes people with disability aged 70 and over, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people with disability, and people with disability with underlying medical conditions such as:
- multiple comorbidities
- chronic lung disease
- cardiovascular disease
- severe obesity.
- The Phase 1a rollout commenced on 22 February 2021.
- More information about the rollout for disability service providers can be found on the Australian Department of Health’s website here. There are also regular COVID-19 vaccination -Disability Provider Alerts that provide relevant, up-to-date information.
- The Vaccine Eligibility Checker is useful to see if individuals can book a COVID 19 vaccination program. You can do this for yourself or another person.
- More information for consumers about the COVID-19 vaccines is available via the national helpline (1800 020 080) and the HealthDirect website.
Visit the Australian Government Department of Health website:
- COVID-19 vaccination Phase 1A rollout presentation
- Information for people with disability about COVID-19 vaccines
- What to expect on COVID-19 vaccination day at your disability residential accommodation
Read the latest NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission updates.
The COVID 19 Vaccination disability service provider readiness toolkit is a collection of resources designed to assist disability service providers for the rollout of COVID 19 vaccines. Access now
The Australian Government hosted a webinar 3.30-4.30pm AEDT 4 March for disability providers and peak bodies on the Phase 1a COVID-19 vaccine rollout to the disability sector. This webinar also answers participants’ questions. Watch now
Watch our informative Preparing for COVID-19 Immunisation webinar.