GP Education Event: A collaborative and interactive learning event, generating information exchange and shared experience between GPs and Fiona Stanley Hospital (FSH) specialists.
March 10 @ 8:00 am - 3:30 pm
Presented by South Metropolitan Health Service (SMHS) and FSH in partnership with WA Primary Health Alliance and HealthPathways WA
Education sessions will focus on assessment, early detection and management in primary care with interactive case studies and practical sessions to promote connections between primary and specialist care. Presentations include:
- Connecting Care: An Aboriginal Perspective
- Everything you wanted to know about Functional Neurological Illness (AKA Conversion Disorder) but were too afraid to ask
- Pain Update:
- Low Back Pain Management
- New Opioid Regulations
- Managing the use of Medicinal Cannabis in WA: the line between Sensible Compassion and Industry Optimism
- Alcohol Brief Intervention: Confronting Conversations with at-risk drinkers
- Rapid Access: Fast-tracking Detection and Management of Head and Neck Cancer
- Recovering from Early Stage Breast Cancer: Collaboration with Specialist Services for Best Practice Primary Care follow up
- Optimal Outcomes for Patients with Low eGFR: GP and Specialist Shared Care
- Preventing Hospitalisation for Inflammatory Bowel Disease: Early Referral and Shared Care
- Describe the assessment and GP management of the conditions discussed during the education sessions.
- Discuss when to access specialist advice and/or make appropriate referrals.
- Collaborate with relevant specialists to improve delivery of care for patients at the right time and in the right place.
- Discuss the benefits and challenges for GPs, patients and specialists in implementing the new initiatives, guidelines and regulations.
- Discuss the benefits of HealthPathways guidelines for assessing, managing and referring patients.
This activity has 40 Category 1 QI&CPD points attached.
Registrations are essential, RSVP by Friday 2 March 2018. Register online.
Parking vouchers will be available.
For more information, download the event invitation.